Friday, December 29, 2006

Memoirs Of A Geisha by Arthur Golden

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden is fantastic! I can't believe it took me so long to read it. The story begins with a little girl named Chiyo who is taken from her home to work in an okiya where she learns to be a geisha. While reading, I really thought this was a true story. When I found out later that it wasn't, I was so impressed with the author's attention to detail. He must have done soooo much research to include such beautiful details in the story. Though it didn't make me cry, this book really took hold of me and made me care about this geisha's story. I was full of so much hope for her. A real page-turner. Becky, you HAVE to read this.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yes, Becky you will enjoy this one. I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. It's a quick read and you really do care what happens to this woman.