Friday, April 25, 2014

"If You Ask Me (and of Course You Won't)

Um, duh. Of course I read Betty White's book a few years ago and of course I forgot to blog about it at that time. But since I have about 100 more pages of my other book left, I wanted to do this throwback in honor of my favorite Golden Girl (it's so hard to choose, don't hate me Dorothy, Blanche, and Sophia!)

I originally thought this would be a memoir akin to Tina Fey or Mindy Kaling or Tori Spelling - we know how I love me some celebrity memoirs. But this was slightly different. It was more just little vignettes of the life of this 92 year old legend, complete with her self-effacing, humble and kind charm on every page.

Obviously I'm a fan, and so perhaps I'm a bit biased. But I'd recommend this to anyone with a lazy afternoon who's looking to laugh to pick this up - and it doesn't hurt if you've ever liked something Betty (we're on a first name basis) has done.

Check it out and let me know what you think! (though pretty sure nobody in the family would read this because your love of all things Golden Girls is sorely lacking and we have lots of work to do in that department.)

No comments: